Weekly Summary #2: 1/29/21-2/5/21
This week consisted of creating 4 daily creates, three assignments from the assignment bank, customizing my blog, and commenting on people’s post. To be honest, this week was mainly smooth, but I defiantly had some trouble spots.
- Trying to figure out how to resize the flickr slideshow on my page. It displayed so big. Update: was successful as I needed to change the dimensions in code view.
- Creating my “College Memories” video. This took so long. I had all of my photos stored on Google Photos so I thought it would be easiest to create a video on the app. Once I selected my pictures and clicked “create video” it took so long to process just to play. It’s been 4 hours and I don’t even think it is done processing. I was very frustrated because I knew it wasn’t supposed to be this hard. What I ended up doing was going through Google Photos and manually downloading each photo I wanted to use and then once I did that, I airdropped all of them to my computer desktop. I then uploaded them to iMovie, however, it wasn’t super simple as it took many tries to get all of them uploaded. Once I put all of them together, I added some music but I didn’t know how to change the “zoom” feature of when it makes some pictures zoom in because it often would not capture the entire picture. I was pretty annoyed with this but I didn’t know how to fix it and so I just decided that it is not going to be perfect. I am still learning iMovie and I know that with practice I will get better.
I am working on coming up with an alternative name to “Megan’s story” so I will hopefully have something more creative coming soon. I completed all of the assignments this week. Below list all of my work with my thoughts under each one.
- Affirmation poster
2. Catastic Poetry
3. Own Keith Haring
4. Photo of Emptiness
Assignment Bank Projects
Here are my three assignment bank projects that are linked to more of a description.
- My one-woman show panorama 3 stars in difficulty
- College Memories 2 stars in difficulty
- Boomerang of my room 1 star in difficulty
I commented on people’s blogs including “Digital Storytelling with Jordan”, “Blue Light Lenses” and “Hena’s Blog.” I also was active on twitter with liking and commenting on people’s daily creates.
Overall, this week went mainly well. In terms of the theme: “What’s (y)our story?” I enjoyed hearing what my peers had to say. I think that this theme really is open ended and can be interpreted in different ways. I am still figuring out what my story is. I ultimately think it is a bunch of different stories of my life.
As much as the daily creates were confusing at first, once I saw what other people did I realized that they are actually pretty fun and open-ended. This week was a lot of a learning curve. I was happy that I saw that I needed at least four daily creates, because I did not do one on Monday. I was able to get all the work done, but I defiantly could start work earlier- however that is sometimes really hard when you have other work to do.